Sunday, December 6, 2015

Reindeer Peek!

I started doing this project a few years ago and it is one of my favorite projects to do at this time of the year! Whenever we do art, I always try to incorporate writing. We made the reindeer first and then during my small group I gave the kids this prompt:
Pretend that a reindeer is outside your house and out of curiosity, he looks in the window.... what would he see?

Here are our “Reindeer Peeks"
I love how different each reindeer turned out even with the same templates for the reindeer’s body. Each child made their own eyes and holly on the reindeer’s ears. When they wrote, they had to use this week’s sight word and to describe two things the reindeer saw. Also, as you will see, I didn’t tell them how to write the word reindeer :)

“My reindeer can see cookies and me sleeping."
“My reindeer can see my elf and my mama."
“My reindeer can see my toys and me tree."
“My reindeer can see my Christmas tree and he can see our house."
“My reindeer can see presents and Santa."

No comments:

Post a Comment